Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Has globalization and technology and the internet made people more knowledgeable overall?

100-300 years ago, most people were pretty much completely unaware of what was happening in the world outside of there local area or their own neighborhood or city. Everyone lived in a little bubble, mostly completely unaffected or influenced by what happened in other states or other countries (outside of war). Only the world governments really knew what was going on and communicated with each other. 1000 years ago, people were even less aware, as governments didn't even have the ability to communicate with each other. As technology as increased, I feel like we have become more globally aware, knowledgeable, and data driven. The average person nowadays can talk to people in seconds over their computers and phones, instant access to news globally at all hours of the day, they can send payments virtually instantly to other countries, e-commerce, huge logistics networks, you can learn anything with a simple google search, the internet is a gigantic library full of information that is instantly accessible. Have we reached the peak of our access to information and data globally?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's more "knowledge" floating around but some of it's not terribly useful. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I believe so even if there is also misinformation and abuse of it. I mean, does it really matter that 2 out of 10,000 people still believe the earth is flat? Who are they hurting?

Becoming more aware and learning, even if pondering on the misinformation, may only uplift and result in a more universal perspective.It's a great topic to study and deep dive into.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.