Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

Do you agree with Republican congressman Steve Stivers that receiving the coronavirus vaccine should be a requirement to receive $1,400?

He said to qualify for the $1,400 stimulus checks, individuals should be vaccinated. He said this will help with herd immunity. Do you support this idea?

• yodi

Nice thought but can't meet immediate demand

I never thought I'd ever agree with a republican but yes I support it. We all need to be vaccinated and this is a perfect way to get us vaccinated. If you refuse to accept science, then you miss out on being paid. Too many people are dying because of this virus that Trump allowed to spread. It needs to stop.

• Dan

It amounts to imposing a fine on those who decline the vaccine. It's unconstitutional. But right now they don't have enough vaccines for everyone who want it. So the congressman is just blowing hot air. 

I've already had my first dose.  I wonder if it will be retroactive. 

No.  I am over 75 and have been trying for almost a month to make an appointment to get the vaccine without success.  I remember back when the Polio Vaccines came out.  The vaccines were done at schools.  EVERYONE HAD TO BE VACCINATED My Mother and I stood in line about 30 minutes and that was that.  What is needed is move vaccine and better ways to get it to the people.

Hell no. Its our money. Most of them that have,  have been Republicans. Blacks are dying more than any and have no vaccine in sight. These demons are no good and God is going to punish this behavior.

No. What good is taking a vaccine when you can pass it on. 

I don't need it with a business taking off. 

• y

So the help one can receive, is now based on where they stand in line in the pecking order?  Not that I need the stimulus check but according to my state. I won't be eligible for the vaccine until April at least. If one in my demographics was also one that needed some help.  They would be forcing me to wait even longer?

Yes I do. It'll help everyone. People should be vaccinated and wear a mask.

No, because it's extortion. Stivers needs to understand that the end does not justify the means.