Heba asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

ariel ran 6 1/4 miles on saturday this is 1 3/4 miles more than harry ran how far did harry run?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I agree with ".". But, I'd like to suggest another category for your question:  Education and Reference > Homework Help.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to insult you. But, asking the question suggests you are younger than 13. Yahoo! Answers terms of service prohibit those under 13 from asking or answering questions.

I suggest if you have a similar question in the future, you ask other students in your class. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Simple subtraction. Ariel's miles - the # of miles she ran more than Harry. Reading comprehension is a major factor in understanding word problems.

Your question belongs in Science & Mathematics>Mathematics as it's currently in Sports>Running and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

• BJJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

4 1/2 miles 

6 1/4 minus 1 3/4 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.