(Star Wars: The Mandalorian) I didn't get to react to Luke being on it?

Before I started The Mandalorian, I saw a clip of Mark Hamill reacting to it. So I knew Luke was going to appear that episode. That's the only reason why I decided to watch The Mandalorian, to see Luke. Anyways, are they going to just CGI old Star Wars actors and actresses into the stories now instead of using the new actors and actresses face for Star Wars? What I mean is, are they going to keep using Mark Hamill's face for Luke Skywalker, even long after Mark has died, every time they bring back Luke for the Star Wars stories?

He'd have to lose weight because he is really fat now.

Carrie died because they made her lose drastic weight.

The Mandalorian is set between episode 6 and 7 when Luke would still have been a young man.  So by including him they HAD to go CG.  And the CG was ... kinda shaky if I'm being honest.  Nothing like Nick Fury in Captain Marvel.  

They also had to use CG for Leia since Carrie Fisher died shortly after filming Episode 8.  

However, Hamill is still alive, well, and eager to cash paychecks.  For movies going forward, I would expect they'll use the real actors.  Though, honestly, I wish they wouldn't use the OT characters anymore EXCEPT for the Thrawn storyline that seems to be cooking in Mandalorian.

Personally, I'd rather they recast the characters than rely on CG.

• JuanB

There was a popular fake spoof of Mark reacting to it.  That is probably what you saw.

Mark is 70 and this called for I'd estimate an under 30 Luke.  I'd say he is not likely used much or at all in future episodes.