Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 month ago

Stupid question about asthma and covid ?

So recently my doctor said I have cough asthma that could be triggered by the weather. I also have seasonal allergies as well. I never been diagnosed with asthma but I have used pumps in the past for lung maintenance.

At the moment my doctor gave me Advair to use it seems to be helping with me breathing. My question is should I be worried about covid because of cough asthma  ? 

Covid disease progression is related to your body's inflammation and inflammatory reaction.  It is not directly related to pre-existing conditions.  It is indirectly related in the sense that people with pre-existing conditions often have increased inflammation.

The American Association of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology do not think that asthma makes someone more susceptible to getting covid or illness progression.  In fact, the reason that corticosteroid like Advair, Abuteral, Budesonide, etc are used for the treatment of covid is that people with asthma taking these treatments on a daily basis for their asthma had less covid progression than the "general" population. 

• Tavy

Yes I have the same. Follow the rules , always wear a mask and keep washing your hands. Stay away from crowds.

Of course. You are more at risk of not surviving this deadly virus. make sure you wear a mask at all times when out in public and wash your hands.