Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Who manufactures the best quality adjustable wrench?

Most adjustable wrenches are imported and no longer usa made. The moving jaw on some adjustable wrenches are not very precise. 

If the jaw moves during use it might round the fastener corners resulting in irreversible damage.Some brands have excessive gaps and movement. It is sometimes referred to as jaw rattle when the adjustable wrench is shaken.

• fuzzy

Bahco is a Swedish brand is still a very reliable brand. Tip unless chrome plated is essential buy black steel - it gives a much more secure grip when your hand is covered in oil

Crescent.      

• F

Most professionals in the U.K. use Snap On.

I've some older US-made adjustable end wrenches I Trust and have held even when I put a pipe extension  on them and I Stand   on it.  They are made by Diamond Tool and Horseshoe and Crescent  . Cheap ones that loosen or fall apart,  I get rid off. 

Crescent.  Adjustable wrenches are only to be used when you do NOT have the correct sized wrench.

• Kieth

Craftsman, Snap -On, Masterforce, just look for a lifetime guarantee.

I don't use Mexican socket sets on anything except square drive nuts or to hold a bolt while using a 6 pt socket on the nut and then very rarely or only if there is no corrosion - the best  knuckle buster is guaranteed to round a stuck nut