Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Why do some many film remakes or reboots, recreate scenes from their previous movies instead of making new memorable scenes? ?

Example: aliens scene where Ripley launch the xenomorph in space and Alien Covenant launching xenomorph in space.

Update:

@?  You can say that, but in the Aliens movie they killed HORDS of xenomorphs with giant machine guns and grenade launchers.  It's not too hard when you have the right equipment. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because it's a remake and identifies with the original audience, when its comical it's even better!

I think the robocop remake had some one say "I'd buy that for a dollar", the total recall remake had another topless alien lady with 3 boobs, and the point break remake had a skydiving scene.

The robin hood remake had Russel Crowe doing a trick dramatic arrow shot to save the day, fought little john.

Planet of the apes remake had a reverse line "get your stinking hands off me you dirty human".

I thought that was lame, but it seemed clever.

• susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, to your example- can we agree that killing a xenomorph is hard to do and there aren't many options that would definitely work?

• 1 month ago

By nature, the majority of remakes and reboots are indicative of the lack of creativity and originality in Hollywood today, so it makes sense that there is not much creativity or originality in the plot devices used as well.

Source(s): RIP Hammerin' Hank
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That would be like someone repainting the Mona Lisa and saying this is the way it should have been done originally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Remakes are because it's an easy way to make money.

Reboots are because previous filmmakers ruined a franchise (like how JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson ruined Star Wars) and the studio wants to breathe life back into it.

Recreating scenes can be a variety of things.  Sometimes it's sheer laziness.  Sometimes it's an homage or callback to a previous scene to connect narratives or just give a head nod of respect to something.  Sometimes it's just nostalgia.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.