Coworker trying to compete with me?

I have a coworker who is below me in skills, although not by far.

My coworker has been taking on my projects when I am away on lunch and finishing off tasks of mine. (This is not needed, however I've been told that I should accept the help). She questions all of my tasks, why am I assigned them and has subtly asked our supervisor for these herself.

I am skilled in another area and sometimes bring these skills to my current job, all week she has been jotting down notes on things I do as she wants to learn them herself. 

She has said things about herself which have then been down played a few weeks later. 

It sounds as if it would be flattering but I am suspicious. I believe she is also beginning to play our supervisor against me.

How should I deal with this?

Discuss it with your manager.  I'd start by asking about if he feels like you aren't doing your job properly.  Tell him you have great concerns because your efficiency is being undermined by your co-worker taking tasks.  Ask how the team can establish a clear line of duties to allow for a more efficient and productive department.  Do you need to have authority to officially mentor this person since she clearly would like to learn more?

She's doing her job and you are doing yours.  Stop trying to micromanage something you shouldn't be. 

• Matt

Play dirty. Take credit for any good work she does and make sure everyone knows it's her fault when something goes wrong. Give her wrong information so that she makes mistakes and then deny giving her the wrong information (make sure you do it verbally rather than in writing so that there is no evidence and it's just your word against hers). Give her the wrong time for meetings or calls and the wrong deadlines for assignments and tasks so that she joins late and submits work late and therefore gets a reputation for being unreliable. Spread vicious and hurtful rumors about co-workers and then make it known that this girl started the rumors.