Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

How do I move on and better myself?

I’ve been in a relationship for just about a year and a half. I care about my girlfriend immensely, I enjoy spending time with her, I love surprising her and making her happy with all the little things. We have a great sex life. All is good and well, right? I have cheated on her with an ex a handful of times. I’m not proud of it, but it’s happened, and she is not aware. I’ve been feeling like ending things between her and I so that she can move on and find someone better than me, and that I can try to be alone for a while and try to figure out what truly makes me happy. I don’t know what the best decision is, and it would kill me to end things, as I also have a great relationship with her family. I am very conflicted and don’t know which way to turn.

• T J
    Favorite Answer

Before you break up, go see a therapist, see why the heck you keep cheating. Why cheat when its so good at home? TRy to change, get the help.

• Alan H

If you are not sufficiently committed to be faithful, your future looks shaky.   It did not just happen.....you made a conscious choice 

Sounds to me like you still have feelings for your ex.  There's something about her that made you go back.  Yes you should end this relationship and try to figure things out on your own.

You obviously decided she is not the best match for you. And yes, moving on is your best option. I would do it now rather than later so it is not harder for both of you. It seems like you are just used go her ways now and you are afraid of being alone. The best for her is that she finds someone who truly loves her and will not cheat on her. And the best for you id to move on and find out what you really want in your life and what kind of girl you really want to be with. 

Hope this helped! 

Your life is a mess because you are a scumbag. Yes move on as she will be far better off without you. Tell her why if you have the balls.