My father thinks my homosexuality is a choice. How do I convince him that it's not?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Thier are a couple of articles you can find stating sexuality is based off of your genes like for instance 23andme as DNA statistics on sexuality based off of DNA test 

Source(s): 23andme
  • 1 month ago

You can’t talk someone out of ignorance.

• 1 month ago

You asked him when he started choosing to be attracted to women and ask him to prove his claim that he made that choice.

you also make sure that he is not using homosexual to mean person who has sex with the same sex as the biblical definition of that word does not acknowledge the attraction but the action.

• 1 month ago

You can't convince him of a lie. Being gay is a lifestyle choice. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Contact PFLAG.org- a wonderful (now international) support group made up mostly of parents of LGBT kids. They will call your dad and send him information. 

As a senior lesbian, tell him I said that no one chooses to be gay!!! 

• 1 month ago

Do you not choose who you have sex with, or are your forced to have sex with certain individuals? Just tell him that you choose who you have sex with, but you have no control over who you love, and it's just the same for him!

• 1 month ago

Your father is quite right. You have made a terrible lifestyle choice that is going to ruin your family's life and shame them with all their friends and neighbours. Stop being so selfish and start acting normally. 

Source(s): Many pompous years
  • 1 month ago

no need to convince him.  just yell "you're dumb" at his face

• 1 month ago

He has to accept your opinion but you don't need to accept his?  That's unfair.

Explain It's a choice you will NEVER change. Avoid the argument and make your point.

Why you are gay matters zero. If you are certain about it , end of conversation. 

Your father needs a confident answer not "it isn't my fault".  

• 1 month ago

If you try to convince him, aren't you reinforcing his notion that homosexuality is shameful?  You're agreeing there's something wrong with homosexuality and saying you wouldn't be that way if you didn't have to be.  I don't think that's in your best interest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.