Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can I be sued for accidently touching someone?

I'm at Walmart, an older lady asks me for help. She wants the pistachios on the top shelf but can't reach them. I grab them for her, I get lightheaded and dizzy while reaching for them because I skipped breakfast so my blood pressure is low. While handing the pistachios to her I missed her hand and lightly touched her chest with the back of my pointy finger. She seemed to ignore it and said thank you in a non angry way and walked away. This was 12 hours, am I worried for nothing? Will this come back to bite me?

Your story is a zero on the believability scale.

• ?

One is sued because of damages, if you were to get in "trouble" it would be a criminal offence.

Stop trolling.

I mean - seriously - does this random stranger even know your name or how to find you?

I highly doubt that any lawyer or detective is going to be asked to go over security footage from a Walmart security camera to try to find someone who lightly touched someone accidentally while doing them a favor.