Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 month ago

Was 2005 THE GREATEST YEAR EVER to be a Jeff Gordon FAN?

Considering he won his third Daytona 500 that year and was still driving his iconic orange-flamed #24 Dupont Chevrolet and during that same year, he drove his iconic Pepsi Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith (2005) car AND STILL WON A TOTAL OF FOUR RACES even with all the problems he had that season, would you say 2005 was THE GREATEST YEAR EVER to be a Jeff Gordon FAN?

Sure, he missed the chase, but I think Jeff Gordon's 2005 season is only BAD by MODERN NASCAR STANDARDS and it still felt like a great season back then and I still think IT'S FAR FROM his worst season ever.

I would say it was during the 90s. He was new to NASCAR and won three championships including two back-to-back.

• Adam

Mindcrime828 has it bang on, 1998. 

Hard to beat 1998....13 wins total, including 4 in a row that stretched to 6 out of 7 races.  Highlight wins included the Coke 600, the Brickyard 400 and Southern 500 which he won for the 4th straight year.  Also won both road course events and capped the season by winning the final race at Atlanta, tying him with Petty for the most wins for a season in the modern era, and grabbed his 3rd title.  That year I often paraphrased the line from Top Gun to my brother who was Dale Sr fan...."hey, did you hear about Gordon?  He won another one"