Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do women call me short on social media?

Today I commented on a post saying a joke. A female replied and corrected me not knowing it was a joke. I told her it was a joke and she goes off saying I'm acting emotional and offensive then proceeds to call me short. On a dating a app women called me short before. In reality I am 6'2. Does it maybe seem like I'm short in my pictures or did they read some type of feminist book that tells them that that's a good insult to a man because most men desire to be 6 foot and higher? First of all I dont get how I seemed emotional and offended. Could this be a result from misandrist just being hateful towards men?

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

It's just an insult that they think will affect you. Think of it like the small dick insult or the incel/virgin insult. Women just use parroted generic insults against men and hope that its effective because in reality they have no idea what they're doing nor do they care to learn how to do it well. 

Perhaps these women just suck at insults, and think that implying that your 'short' is an insult.  Or perhaps like many men, you have proportionately shorter legs compared to much shorter women, that have much longer legs and shorter torso's.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. It appears your joke was not funny 

Probably for the same reason women will be called fat or ugly, sight-unseen, by people who wish to upset them.  When insulting someone they don't know, a lot of people just grab whatever socially normal insult they think will upset their target, whether or not it bears any relationship to their actual traits, and socially we consider "short" a bad thing for male-type persons to be.

• Foofa

The default for trolls is to call all women fat and all men short (whether it's true or not). 

And you still live in your mom's basement?