Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

do i tell my parents i was molested ?

I believe when I was about 9 I was molested by a relative. For our purposes, we will say half-sibling. I would like to say they WERE NOT much older than me at all. Most of the activity was "consensual," and I enthusiastically liked the feeling, though I hated it so much I wanted to puke after.

Since people usually stop reading by now, lol: 

--------------------

I know I was forced to do things with this half sibling at least once. 

--------------------My memories of all of it are very fragmented but I do remember I kept saying no and they kept fingering me. I was really terrified. My parents are loving but have questionable and narcissistic tendencies at times. My therapist thinks they're toxic. I'm getting help from a therapist but I feel like they don't understand why. I was raped in high school. My mom knows that, she wasn't helpful, but yeah. Anyway I have PTSD that needs to be worked out. I've abused drugs and alcohol, and sex, and they know all of this and that annoyed them. I'm better with that now but still have extreme emotional issues. My mom gets ill when she learns something bad happens to me. The main reason I want to say anything at all is bc they keep telling me how good my childhood was over and over again and it's starting to drive me insane. What makes this more complex and weird is me and this half-sibling are extremely close to do this day. 

I dont want to lose the friendship and from a distance it looks wholesome and good, and obviously all of the weird stuff stopped when I was 11. 

Favorite Answer

Your therapist is the one to help you with this issue, not strangers on the internet. You may need to see a different therapist, one who specializes in helping victims of sexual assault. If you need a referral, call the National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline, 1-800-656-4673.