Sleeping routine really messed up. ?

My sleeping routines pretty messed up. I was waking up all night and sleeping all day. I wanted to fix this so I yesterday I tried to stay awake all day. I stayed awake probably for 24 hours straight and got to sleep at 8 in the night. But when I woke up it was 12.i slept only for 5 or 6 hours after staying awake for 24 hours. WTH.. So now I'm thinking I should stay awake this all day too and try to sleep around 12 at night. Will it fix the routine? 

• Audrey

You're gonna have to do that for at least a couple of weeks for it to really work.

It might.  I think it's worth a try.  I've heard that if staying up all night and day isn't enough, one could stay up two full days and nights to reset one's sleeping pattern.  That's probably not easy to do.  Then there's also the gradual method--going to bed a little earlier every night (or in your case, morning).  Anyway, stick with it until you find something that works, because it's important for your health to get your sleeping patterns in line with your body's natural circadian rhythms.