Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Does your job prohibit you from speaking about Covid cases?

I mean, knowing that we’re all going through this pandemic, why would this be something we have to keep private? Last week, I had a dentist appointment and my hygienist ended up testing positive, and I found out Monday after I got home from work, so I had to quarantine from work for the rest of the week. Luckily, I tested negative so I’m allowed to go back on Monday. I had called to tell my boss about the negative test, and a coworker answered the phone asking where I was, but all I could say was that I had something to take care of. We could actually get fired if we’re caught telling someone, but when you look at the daily lineups and see who’s name is crossed off for a whole week, it’s easy to figure out why, so why wouldn’t we be allowed to talk about it, especially since the whole world is going through this?

• Scott

It's due to HIPAA regulations.