harum asked in PetsBirds · 1 month ago

Help! Is my parakeet sick?

Hello! While I was working on my essay, I heard this loud sneezing (?) noise coming from my parakeet so I checked on her to see what was going on. I then noticed something strange? I looked at their poop (because I have two parakeets) and there were two feces that were light green (I'm assuming because I gave them spinach and rice today) but not only that, it was surrounded by red urine? They are both acting completely fine though is the confusing part? But I am betting it was the one sneezing since it was super loud and sounded as if she was choking! Should I be concerned?

It's always better to be safe rather than sorry, so a vet trip might be the best idea. Parakeets can die rapidly when they are ill, so it is always best to get your bird to the vet as soon as possible once you suspect they are sick. 

Source(s): (Former parakeet owner)