Would this be considered child abuse ?
1. was 6, sat on glass table and broke. Mom thought I jumped and spanked me with her belt, 10 wacks
2. Mom let me out to wait for dad in front house. Wondered away, spent about 1.5 hours looking for me. Dad spanked me with slippers told me to stand in corner.
3. Grade 1, friend stole markers from teacher, I was following him. Did not touch the markers. Teacher told dad that I also stole, he wacked me like 10 times on my butt with a thin switch (stick)
4. Grade 3 time out, saw swear word written on desk so I recopied them. Told dad I wrote on a paper that I discarded he said well don't do it again, etc. Next day teacher saw sent me home. I started walking towards my room he was waiting with belt. I sat down, started crying and hes like get into the room or I will start beating you rigth here. Told me to lie on bed and smacked me like 10 times or so. I put my hand there because it was painful and he told me to "take my hand away or he will beat my hands red" yelling that I am getting spanked because I lied.
5. Joked about punching my teacher in the face and kicking him in the groin and he was like whatever you do to teacher, I will do the same thing to you
6. Slapped across the face a couple of times for back-talking, swearing, etc.
7. Didnt want to practice piano. Picked up a rock, walked into dads room and threatened to through it at him. He said if I did I would be in the hospital because he would beat me so bad.
Happened between ages 6 and 10 in Toronto.Is this abuse?
- Anonymous1 month ago
2. Debatable if you were disciplined for putting yourself in danger, but I’d lean towards yes; using a slipper wasn’t necessary.
5. No. That sounds like a joke.
6. I wouldn’t call that abuse, but I’d say it was inappropriate.
- RobbieLv 41 month ago
No, it's you playing the victim