Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Should I Choose a Studio or 1 Bedroom Apartment?

I am looking to move out in the next few months and was wondering which would be better to rent. I know that there are some pros and cons to renting either, but was torn between which one I should choose.

I didn't mind a studio if I get a private kitchen and bathroom, studios can often have some or all bills included too but they often don't and, often have shared facilities which I wouldn't like but, if it is self contained it's almost an apartment. When I rented a studio I had room seperators to hide the bed which is a good idea and makes it even more like an apartment, free standing is best and then the landlord won't think you're altering it too much because they don't have to be installed, they just stand up.

100% personal preference. I would be fine with a studio as a live alone & rarely have any guests. If I did have frequent visitors then I would prefer a 1 bed for more privacy. I hate making my bed lol. 

If you don't think you'd mind a studio, then get it and save some money.  If its just you in the place 90% of the time or more, then a studio is probably fine. If you have freinds over a lot, then it can get pretty crowded, fast.

If money is an issue, get a studio.  They're cheaper.