monica asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Therapy twice a week or two hours ?

I have just started therapy a week ago and I have been in a really bad mind set. He knows and we do talk about it. I have been to therapy before but only once a week. 

So my question is, should I ask for twice and week or two hours. Or is that not done. I want to ask him but I don’t know. I’m a little embarrassed but we are so new. Help please 

I'm afraid that I can't answer your question, but I do have information that you might find useful. About a year ago you had a question about "home remedies."  To the best of my knowledge, I don't think home remedies are ever recommended as a substitute for bipolar meds, but stress management is certainly very important in treating the disorder. It helps in keeping you stable and, as treating depression can be tricky with bipolar, it's useful for recovery from depression.

This answer, which tells you about evidence-based stress reduction, was rated Best, 5 Stars. The good news is that there's a variety of things that help, and most are very easy.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

Leave it to the therapist, but I recommend twice a week for one hour.

The reason is that one hour is usually all you can deal with in one go, especially if it gets emotional. Also you get the benefit of a second session in a week to solve any questions and issues that come up between sessions. 

Let your therapist make that decision.   Appointments are typically one hour long, however.