What do you think about Doctor Who, I'm Polish, but this is one of the science fiction series, apart from Star Trek and StarGate SG-1? :-) ?

What do you think about Doctor Who, I'm Polish, but this is one of the science fiction series, apart from Star Trek and StarGate, that I like

Star Trek the Next Generation was on of first Star Trek broadcasted in Poland, but I very much liked Star Trek Enterprise due Time Travel and Temporal Cold War aspect of it and Nazi that won the WWII, of it very much like Man in High Castle, and it was played by Quantum Leap on of first western Sci-Fi broadcasted in Poland I always wondered does Captain Archer say Oh boy and vanish in blue light it's was his catch phrase like Teal'C Indeed from StarGate SG-1 where Richard Dean Anderson guy who play Mcgever had lead role. 

Mine brother not liked episode from new Star Trek Discovery Guardian of Forever appeared that he thought that it's he feels like at any moment Fricking British dude With Fricking blue telephone booth appear, I said if he referring to Doctor Who was a Time Lord and his time ship TARDIS was not telephone booth but British Police Both ;-) 

And as for Doctor Who reference he should rewatch "Future Tense" From Star Trek Enterprise that it was one huge node to Doctor Who :-) 

Brother said it must be true that ASD people (Asperger Syndrome) are such sci-fi nerds🤓

Doctor Who is very much NOT like Star Trek or SG-1.  Star Trek is fairly hard sci fi.  SG-1 straddles the line between the 'action in space' genre like Star Wars and the 'hard sci-fi' like Star Trek.  It flops back and forth between them and mixes in humor.

Dr. Who is VERY campy compared to these two series.  SG-1 had a few episodes where they would make fun of themselves (like the Wormhole X-Treme episode).  Dr. Who is like that almost all the time.  There are some brilliant moments like the Silence and the Weeping Angels, but there are also stupid fat aliens that fart alot and cheesy villains.

I'm not saying Dr. Who is bad.  It's never the polished product ST or SG-1 were.  But it's a very different show.