Is it true that having ADHD means you can't be successful in the workforce?

I've been diagnosed with a combined type of ADHD when I was 7. Even though it's been a struggle, I managed to graduate high school last year with a decent GPA and I'm currently a college freshman. 

Long story short, I'm enrolled at a community college while I figure out my transfer plan. My mom always told me I'll "grow out of ADHD" but tonight she yelled at me and said, "Mason, if you can't learn to focus and sit still, you will NEVER be a successful lawyer or even graduate college! What the *beep* is wrong with you?" 

Is it true that just became I have ADHD, I will never be successful? 

Favorite Answer

Plenty of people with ADHD do overcome their obstacles & become successful. It's up to you to deal with your issues. Apparently, your mother does not see you really making the necessary efforts. 

Yes.                

No it is NOT . What is may not be true true is that you will grow out of it. You just have more of a challenge than people?who do not have ADHD have. Stop using your AHDH as an excuse. Stop acting like you are an abuse victim and should not be held accountable for actions. That's insulting, condescending, patronizing and exploitative. I've been a type 1?diabetic since. I was 2 years old. I had and probably still have math testing anxiety. I really struggled in graduate school. I mat be physically handicapped, but I was not mentally handicapped. I now have 3 bachelors degrees and almost 2 masters degrees. 

that old superstition is nonsense.  -- married 32 years to Professor of Sp. Ed.

i dont think thats true

• John

I'm an accountant in public practice.  Two of my higher earning clients have learning disabilities.  The first is dyslexic, while the other has ADHD.  

you qualify to be the boss at most businesses i've worked at .