Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Can you get prosecuted and convicted for telling an person on an suicide hotline that your homicidal?

So ever since my fiancee broke off the engagement I have gone psychotic. I was on the phone with an hotline person and I told the lady that I'm so sick of life and that I felt like shooting some people. I was frustrated with life and these thoughts just came up. I'm curious if I could get into serious trouble for this. I was just frustrated and wanted to get things off my chest. Can you get prosecuted for this ??

Do us all a favor and turn yourself in.  Preferably to a place with no internet access.

I have NO idea why you keep posting this, no idea at all.  YES, you can be taken into custody for mental health reasons and your mental health evaluated.  No one takes these threats lightly.  Mental health hotline workers (and I'm one of them) are MANDATED REPORTERS. That means we are LEGALLY REQUIRED to report threats to the public.  NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND?