Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

What is going on with my screen name and profile picture?

When I log out, then I view one of my own answers, my screen name displays a question mark.

And my profile picture displays a default grey blank avatar. I have noticed this with other users here too.

• .

As you're posting Anon, I fail to see why it matters, BUT (as has been mentioned a number of times in the past week or so) it's an occasional glitch in the system that happens one or more times a year. It may last for days or weeks, but always resolves eventually. Some claim it's due to behind-the-scenes review of user activity but seeing as there are thousands of users, that's hard to believe (and we've never been told why it happens so ANY explanation is a guess....on top of that, review of user activity wouldn't need to cause a user's avatar and username to 'disappear').

• ?

Its a Glitch that happens from Time to Time Yahoo will lose someone's Username Occasionally a lot of times a Page Refresh a Few times should Fix the Problem and it should come back up 

this has been going on since the green days-

The infamous question mark glitch, that comes and goes for the last 13 years here....at least. 

• Sharon

If your account photo has been replaced with a question mark it is a longstanding glitch with the avatars. Ignore it.

Are you new here?  This is the most common wandering glitch on the site and has been for years.

Yahoo used to and Verizon does review email account activity at least 3 times and sometimes 4 times a year. Everyone's user name becomes "?" and their avatar becomes the generic avatar even when they are logged in. This happens to EVERYONE. Every time this happens 99.99% of the YA community freaks out or have been insisting for YEARS that it is a glitch. It is NOT a glitch. I've been online since 1993 and this happened consistency every year on university computer networks every term during intersessions. 

There were other technical difficulties today that really are glitches. Some of the RSS feeds have problems. I had to restart my phone at least twice.