What's the difference between meditation and prayer?

Update:

Yeah anon.

I wanted YOU to use Google for a change...lol

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Meditation is quieting ones' mind.

Prayer is pouring our hearts out to God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

All of it is about Yoga

No one cares

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Meditation is one of many different forms of prayer, consisting of being with God in a quiet, peaceful place, concentrating fully on Him, and allowing Him to speak to us, rather than us doing most of the talking.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

meditation is about trying to shut out the world around you completely. it is about trying to reach a state of nothingness or nirvana. prayer is talking to a god asking for things or giving thanks to them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I’m no expert but my view is both can be very quiet and peaceful moments where we get physical and spiritual benefits.

The main difference is meditation is centered around self and possibly nature, while prayer is centered on God.

• 1 month ago

In order to properly meditate a person have to be free from distractions. It’s the kind of deep concentrated thinking where a person reflects on past experiences, thinks about current matters, and contemplates possible future events.

Prayer involves devotion, trust, respect, and a dependence on the one to whom the prayer is directed, which should be to the almighty true God, our Creator Jehovah God.

We talk to God through prayers, he answers through his inspired word the Bible.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Google broken for you?

Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing the mind on a particular object, thought, or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.

Prayer is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication

• 1 month ago

Meditation is sitting quietly and relaxing without thinking about anything. It works. Prayer is talking to yourself and doesnt do anything. It does not work. If it did, I would not still be an amputee and cheeto boy would still be president.

• 1 month ago

Meditation is a form of prayer, but not all prayer rises to the level of meditation. 

• 1 month ago

Prayer is actually real. Meditation is just relaxing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.