Imp
Imp asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do I ever put the crock pot for high when making bone broth or just warm?

Favorite Answer

You BARELY want a simmer.    I mean you want it so a tiny bubble occasionally comes up.   Active simmer or boil will make it cloudy.

I don't know what setting on your crock pot will give you the correct temperature.  You'll have to watch and see.

Not sure why you don't just put a pot on the stove where you have more temperature control?   Crock pot would definitely not be my go-to method of making broth or stock, but I know others disagree.

• denise

I'd put it on high until it came to a simmer / low boil, then I'd put it on low for the rest of the cooking time.

I have no Idea what you do. I cook my broth on the stove...it takes less tiime.

• kswck2

You put it on HIGH until it comes to a bare simmer and then turn it down. But for most crockpots, Keep Warm is a 2 hour process, so you will need to reset it every two hours.