What does it mean when a person is infected with Coronavirus-19 but is asymptomatic? Why are asymptomatic individuals isolated?

Asymptomatic means, in this case, that you are infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is the cause of COVID-19, but you have no symptoms.

The reason for isolating is that whilst such an individual may not feel ill he/she can still pass the virus on to other people. They isolate so this will not happen.

This is not something unique to COVID-19. It is also known as sub-acute infection.

When we were children my brother had all of the what I call 'spotty diseases' (because you get spots). He had Chickenpox, German Measles and Measles. I had none of them. However, I have since discovered I have antibodies to all three. That means I was infected, more than likely at the same time, but I wasn't ill. I was asymptomatic. Because the viruses that cause those diseases had entered by body I was infected but because I showed no signs of the diseases they cause I had sub-acute infections.

• *

Having the virus, but showing no symptoms.

They are supposed to isolate because they're still Infectious. They're just not presenting symptoms but they can still pass on the virus. 

It's speculated that even after vaccination, we can still carry and pass it on.