Why is Hyannis, Massachusetts considered as a village, even though it lies within the boundaries in the Town of Barnstable (now a city)?

I am asking because I want my unincorporated village, a neighborhood I named North Green, Kentucky, to be considered as a village. North Green is inside the boundaries of the City Of Glasgow, Kentucky. We only have three different types of administrative divisions in Barren County: 

1. Populated Place (Unincorporated)

2. Census Designated Place (still unincorporated, but is similar to a small city)

3. City (fully incorporated)

We don't legally recognize any other distinctions in our county (town, village, hamlet, etc). And I know that Massachusetts doesn't legally have any completely unincorporated areas. Just had to put that out there.

How can I gain the same status or at least a government issued statistical designation of village for North Green in the same manner as Hyannis, Massachusetts, since they are still inside of a city, and North Green is still inside of our city?

North Green has clear boundaries, which is any area inside of the boundaries of all roads of North Green Street, and nothing outside or on the edges of North Green Street.

And lastly, Glasgow isn't consolidated with Barren County like Louisville and Jefferson County are. Just in case this info helps.

Massachusetts and Kentucky have very different laws regarding local government entities. Nobody in Massachusetts cares what you call your towns, etc., in Kentucky; they have their own system.