when you take yourself seriously, how do you deal with people who joke around/fool around and tease?

i've always took myself very seriously and i generally don't like to make jokes, poke fun or tease, and i hate people who do that and feel very violent emotion towards them...i have no patience for a clown....and i easily get upset when someone pokes fun at something i take very serious..

how do i deal with people who are the opposite to me? how do i react to clowns?

It is very good if you can laugh at yourself.  I would think you have a cold heart if you can't lighten up a bit.  You have a mean bone in your body & you are self centered & cold, maybe a little narcissistic with a better than thou attitude.  Loosen up & join in the laughter.

You lighten up. Life is short, every moment should be enjoyed, savored. I've always tried to stay optimistic and patient. I don't want to waste time judging others because I don't want to be judged. Try to see yourself or family in others so maybe it will help you react properly. I felt like you when my mom was in the hospital and I could hear people laughing in the hallway. It made me mad, but being mad made me feel like I was wasting my time. The real problem wasn't them, it was personal