Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

How much of a difference will this SSD be?

Soon I will be upgrading my SSD from 120GB to 500GB. What will be the difference? After changing I will download more apps as I had to cut back because I ran out of space.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

a +380GB difference

• 1 month ago

It will take longer for your new SSD to get worn out.  Check the manufacturer's website for a utility program that will tell you how used up your SSD is.

The one I use is "Sandisk SSD Dashboard" and my SSD now has 92% life remaining.

I started using this SSD in July 2016.  So, if I am using 2% of its life every year, then I can keep using this SSD until... 2060-ish.  Yeah, not going to happen because something else will break on this computer first.

• 1 month ago

the new apps will run as quickly as the old ones.  other than that, you'll not notice any difference

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's currently very little difference between the standard SATA SSD's other than capacity.   If your computer requires a NVME type SSD the discussion gets a lot more complicated, but it's best to not get distracted with that unless it's a real option. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Difference in what? Space? 380GB more space. Speed? You probably won't see much improvement unless you use an NVMe SSD. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.