Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why do people let their cats sleep in their beds with them? ?

That is so weird, I can’t even imagine what thats like, having cat fur all over your bedsheets and be woken up abruptly to feed it when you’re still half asleep. 

Why do people do that? 

Favorite Answer

Better to ask the kitty. He's the one doing it.

• Rita
    1 week ago

“Having a guest in bed with you also reduces stress as well as brings warmth and comfort,” he said. “As you feel your cat's rhythmic breathing, it soothes you and helps you get to sleep more quickly.”

I love my cats.  One of my cats go under the covers in my bed....so cute...he sleeps there when he is cold or he is scared from outside noises....he cuddles with me...my female cats love sitting on my beds...it is just me...I just love them...they must love me too to sleep with me...

same reason as one lets their children sleep in the bed with them.  There's no difference.

Because hearing them purr is soothing

You get used to having fur all over your bedsheets and they get washed once a week so fur doesn't keep building up. And its just fur. Its not anything gross. 

They don't wake me to feed them. They don't wake me up at all. 

I like it when my cats sleep on my bed. One will cuddle with me and the other will lay next to me. We have a routine. They know when I turn off all the lights its bed time and they will run in there and one will roll around and wait for pets and the other will wait for me to lay down so she can crawl under the covers. 

They also dig in their poop box and then go and track that microscopic fecal matter on the bed..   gross

Both my cats, Bettina (9 years old) and Gummi Bear (7 years old) sleep on my bed.  Bettina curls against me, while Gummi picks a spot on the far side of the bed, by himself, altho he does expect my wife to pet him.  They don't shed cat hair all over the bed, and if hungry know where to find their food and water bowls.

If I came to your house I bet I would find grosser things on your sheets than a little cat hair.

People who have cats LIKE cats.   Got it?

You try telling my cat she can't snuggle with the two people that adopted her after we found her in a park at only 6 weeks old. She even steals my pillow. And I let her for one reason. Because we love her, period. And there is this wonderful invention that you might not have ever heard of. It's called a WASHING MACHINE. It actually CLEANS sheets. WOW!