Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Is my dad wrong to keep it a secret from people he’s around that someone he lives with has Covid?

He’s having me keep it a secret for him also.  It’s my mother that has the virus.  

Update:

He’s in an office all day with people those wife is not, I have also called him without a mascon a few times at work. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If anyone in your family spent more than 15minutes within 6ft of your mom any day for the previous 7 days prior to her illness onset = ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE NEED TO QUARANTINE.

-- not doing this is the REASON that covid rates are skyrocketing and not decreasing.

-- if he hasn't had close contact with his wife, there is no reason to tell anyone.

Here's some info on how to quarantine with people in your house:

https://www.denverhealth.org/news/2020/05/how-to-s...

You DON'T wear masks in your own house, so I'd guess that you see him more without a mask on then you do with a mask on.

• a
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You mean 'without a mask on?' You called him without a mask? Do you mean 'caught him without a mask?' What the heck?

I don't know where your father works, or the rules, gubernatorial mandates or laws where you live. Where I am, gubernatorial mandates require masks in public. I wouldn't be allowed to come in to work without a mask. I take my temperature every day at work.Common sense would be for your father to work from home until your mother is well and he should self-quarantine for a week after, as well.  

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As long as he has NO physical contact with anyone else or no one goes to their home. Otherwise he is being very irresponsible.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.