Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

The Undertaker admitted he used steroids. Has he now lost respect? ?

What a idiot. He actually used steroids. Some people are probably gonna make excuses, 'oh but everyone used them back in those days', I don't give a sh it. The fact is, this monster of a man has used steroids, and he put that sh it inside his body, just so he could get bigger and stronger, because he's too lazy to put in the work to do it naturally. This man makes me sick. And anyone who tries defending him makes me sick too. 

It was the 90s and everyone was using steroids, whether it be real sports or fake sports like wrestling. Who gives a **** if someones using steroids in a scripted sport, its not like its gonna help them win a scripted match?

baseball however, ruined the careers of mark mcgwire and barry bonds because its a legit sport

I respect his in ring skills I respect the passion he has for the sport and the years he committed to the sport. I don't respect the fact that he took a performance enhancing drug I don't respect the fact that he compromised his health and the safety of others by taking the drug. 

Every wrestler uses steroids. There's no competitive advantage so there's no issue. 

Seriously? How could you not use something in that profession? I heard that Davie Boy Smith used to have to disappear from the circuit for awhile to sweat it out because he would poison himself otherwise.

Steroids are used to speed up healing and lower down time as well.

I always assumed all wrestlers used something.

It is the era. I believe all athletes at one time or another have partaken in some kind of performance enhancing substance. The fact is if they give you an edge athletes will not hesitate to use them. It is like the salaries of today i believe generally speaking most sports stars are overpaid. The time of yesteryear they were underpaid and the tables have turned. I do not hold this against Mark The Undertaker Callaway. He is an all time great regardless. 

Ok.  Now tell us how you really feel.

• Adam

No. I respect him for admitting it. You are looking at it with today's eyes. There was a time when the knowledge of them was less and taking them wasn't as serious. Most athletes in the 80's did it. When judging you have to factor in historical context. He was an idiot for using them but if you wrote off every wrestler who used them, that list is very very very big

Duh!  They all use steroids. How can you be so naive?

I can understand not agreeing with it but no it doesn't and shouldn't make you lose any respect for him.

You are making it out like he has done this unforgivable act of terror?

So? It's his body and he has the right to do what he wants with it, do I see a problem with it? No, aslong as your actions don't effect anyone else you have every right to make your own decisions. Now if he were to turn around tomorrow and follow in the footsteps of Chris Benoit then yeah I'll have a problem with a child murderer, but I don't instantly hate on someone because they did something I don't agree with.

You’re an idiot if you think steroids just magically make you bigger. It still requires a lot of hard work. Steroids just increase your testosterone so your body will focus more on muscle development. I don’t care about wrestling either way though, it’s gay and fake af