Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

In which version of hell do you believe in?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Simple answer, that is what false religion teaches them.

The religious clergymen of Christendom have created an image of what they understand to be “hell” or “inferno” in the minds of their church people. It is a terrible image.

Bible translators have not been uniform in rendering that word Sheol into their languages. For instance, the English Bible authorized by King James I translates Sheol thirty-one times as hell, thirty-one times as “the grave,” and three times as “the pit.”

Any reasonable person will therefore have to admit that in the inspired Hebrew Scriptures the words “hell,” “the grave,” and “the pit” mean one and the same thing. And there is no connection of it at all with fire, brimstone and eternal torment.

God, did not say to Adam that, in whatever day he ate of the forbidden fruit, he would go to a “hell” to suffer consciously forever in fiery torments. He warned Adam that he would die the death for disobedience.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No-one on Earth can even imagine the horror of Hell. We think of earthly things that might be symbolic of Hell, like being in fire, but Hell itself will make being in fire seem like a picnic.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i don't believe in any version of hell. i don't think anyone deserves to suffer for ever. not even hitler most evil human ever.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Which part...the resurrection from hell? I like that fact. Sounds better! Acts1; Revelation 1:1,2

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

None of them.  That very idea, just like sin, is completely absurd and totally unsupported.

• 1 month ago

Just because you believe in something doesn't make it true whether you like it or not it is real and by the time you know there is hell it's too late. Not to say you should enjoy it. A description of the place would probably not be allowed on yahoo answers.

• Carym
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"Hell" was prepared for the devil and his demons, but it also welcomes those who want to make it their eternal home.

We know that the soul of man is immortal, therefore, his choice regarding the afterlife is eternal. Can you now see how important it is for man to make the right choice?

Heaven is an invitation. Hell is not! Grace is a Gift; Wrath is God's punishment that man himself chose. They do not have to read each other's horoscopes to see what their (extended) days will be like.  I can give it to them in black and white: 

[Matthew 25:41] “Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 

[Revelation 20:14] Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 

[Mark 9:43] "And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire."

>>How much more when one hangs on a demon's lips and even executes its commands? It is nothing but spiritual fornication that is committed against God.

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons [1 Timothy 4:1]

And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.’ “Where ‘their worm never dies, and the fire is never quenched.” [Mark 9:48]

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No version.

Source(s): Jesus follower
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hell is a place of torment, and nobody has to go there.  Death leads to immediate heaven or hell, and it is too late to be saved, after death.  To be in heaven and not hell, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is God and who died on the cross and shed His blood to pay for all of our sins in full, and who was buried, and who resurrected from the dead.  The only way to avoid hell is by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, without adding any of your own works.  See Romans 4:5, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, and John 3:16.

• 1 month ago

I don't believe hell is a place. I believe it's what you go through when you turn away from God through selfishness, or you put other people through when you act out your worst inclinations. And if you keep on doing so, that's where you spend eternity. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.