keeping my house tidy when I'm never home?

I've tried KonMari and various other tidy up strategies. But the problem is that I'm always outside (at my office, with my girlfriend or friends). And during my short stays at home, there will never be enough time to tidy up everything before I leave again. Those "self-aid gurus" avoid this topic, so I don't know what to do.

Favorite Answer

Put things away right after you've used them. Tidy up 5 minutes at a time.

Clean as you go, don't let messes build up in the first place. If you are in motion and you see something that isn't right, bring it with you. Brought a bottle into the living room, take it back to the kitchen when you get up. Make washing dishes the end of the eating process. Chairs are not coat racks and floors are not wastebaskets. Et cetera.

Take 2 vacation days off from work and tell your girlfriend and friends that you need 2 days to clean your apartment.

Then DO IT.

The self aid gurus ALWAYS tell you to set aside a good amount of time so you can get the task done.

Once it is cleaned and organized THEN you can use your short stays at home to MAINTAIN what you have done.

If you tidy it up, and then stay out of it, it should never need tidying again.