Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

accident with uninsured driver who is at fault, willing to help a little doesn't  include (injuries/out of work.  The truck is me. ?

The front of truck is all ruined, steering, doors can't shut, right wheel all damaged. Still finding machanic to estimate the damages and will let the other driver know. Will let you guys know what the fkr is willing pay. My insurance is only liability. 

• Kieth
    Favorite Answer

Report it to your insurance company, don't screw around with some clown who doesn't want to obey the same laws you have to obey.

• D50

Will your own insurance company even bother to call you back if you don't have collision? If the uninsured driver won't pay enough to fix your truck, you will have to sue him yourself (why would your insurance co sue him?) to make him pay. No doubt the reason he doesn't have insurance, though, is because he can't afford it and he also has no money or assets to pay you, whatever the court's judgment is.

• F

You trick seems very badly damaged compared to the small car you’ve hit.

It’s almost like it has had a serious accident before and not repaired properly.

I’d get an engineers report and see if it has been. It might be an easier route to get your money.

Yes, someone was in an accident with an uninsured driver who is at fault.  Someone else is willing to help a little.  You carry liability insurance only.  I'm not sure if the other driver is a f*cker or not.  I do know you are stupid if you can't afford to repair your vehicle but choose not to carry collision insurance.  That's very simple.  Yes, you are going to let us know what the f*cker is willing to pay.

.

Do you have a question?  (Incidentally, your other questions are disturbing.  I see nothing has changed over the years.)

The writer does not have collision insurance so he CANNOT go through his own insurance company.

The other driver is uninsured so you can't go through their insurance either.

- You don't need to let us know what the other driver is "willing" to pay... nothing (sorry). 

Good luck. 

• Scott

Don't be stupid. Go through your insurance to get your truck fixed. Your insurance company will pursue the uninsured deadbeat that hit you.

• May

Only a fool would NOT report this to and use his own insurance immediately.   "Willing to help" Huh?  Do that and you will regret it....