Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Eon
Eon asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 3 months ago

Dream interpretation?

In my dream I met a coiled rattlesnake on a dusty road in the desert mountains. I know him and he knows me. He does not rattle his tail, but raises his head. I sit by him on the road, and without speaking we said hello and knew one another as friends. In this way we said many things to each other, though I do not remember what they were, I remember feeling comfort, wisdom and protection. 

When I stand up to leave it is with an intense sadness, as if I was leaving my oldest friend, closest lover, or most dear family member behind. Thinking about it now I still feel profound sorrow, it is as if I left a piece of my soul on the road. 

I looked back at the rattlesnake and the rattlesnake was both there and not there, both dead and alive. And, when I looked away and to move down the road that I -must- go down I wake.

It is the first time I remember this dream, but I have had the dream many times before. I would like some help understanding it.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.