Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

How many rolls of toilet paper is too many for a single person to have in their closet, and how many is appropriate?

I ask because I keep thinking back to what happened in march and again in october, and every time I go to Costco I buy another 30 roll pack if they have it, but I don't worry about it if they don't because I know that there shouldn't be another major shortage (hopefully). I currently have 146 rolls, but I'm heading to costco tomorrow, and I am wondering if I should still buy a pack if its there, or if I should just accept that I have enough?

• kswck2
    Favorite Answer

When the hoarding first started, my wife started buying 4 things, until she couldn't anymore-and now that it is available again, the buying has started again: TP, paper towels, disenfectant (of all kinds) and hand sanitizer.  At one point we had 279 Rolls of TP, over 200 rolls of paper towels, enough disenfectant to sterilize an NFL stadium and enough hand sanitizer to fill a swimming pool. I STILL have much of it stacked up in my living room as I still need a crowbar to get into my closets, it is stacked so tightly in there. 

If I live long enough, I am going to leave what is left to my grandchildren(I don't even have kids yet) in my will. 

• ?

You have enough for two years - quit hoarding and there won't be any noticeable shortages. Save your newspapers or junk mail if you want backups for TP.

• Audrey

Buy another pack. You cannot have too much toilet paper!