Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

If you're wealthy, is 9 kids too many?

Let's say someone has:

A daughter

Twin boys

A daughter

Son

Son

Twin girls

A daughter

And let's say this individual is wealthy - as in their net worth exceeds $500 million and they have ample resources to provide for these children and give them the best amenities and childhood. Is this too many children? Will they be able to receive equal amounts of love and attention? Is it fun having that many siblings or is it an overwhelming burden? 

• edward

I know a family of 16 kids and growing.  They are a happy family.  I know another of 13 kids who are happy.  I don’t see an issue.  I have friends jealous of how close my own family is

not wise these days............

My Dad was one of ten children. They were not a wealthy family, but they had enough to eat and a 4-holer privy, a horse, chickens, a garden, and of course clothes could be handed down, altered, etc. The older kids also helped with the work and caring for each other.  

I just don’t really understand the point. When you have 9 kids it’s pretty hard to develop a close relationship with all of them, and inevitably a nanny will be doing a lot of the work. At that point, why even have that many? 

i dont think so