john asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Somethings wrong with my stomach ?

About 4 days ago I was eating popcorn, and usually after I’m done I rip apart the popcorn bag and lick the butter from the inside, but for some reason this time it wasn’t enough. I actually decided to put pieces of the bag inside my mouth and started to chew and suck the flavor out. A little while in a noticed a metallic taste and the roof of my mouth began to go numb. I spit out the piece (note that I never swallowed any of the actual bag) and went to the bathroom to wash my mouth out. I felt some of the taste going down my throat so I decided to wash it down with water. When I did that I felt the water go down my throat and into my intestines along with this weird metallic-residue taste. And it felt like a “watered-down” version of when you swallow gum with water. Like that cold feeling. Ever since then I’ve been having stomach issues. Like acid reflux, heart burn, constant burping, gas and slight stomach cramps. I realized that the popcorn bag had this weird aluminum tin foil-like sheet inside of it (like not physically inside, it was in between the walls of the bag if that makes sense), and I guess that was the metallic taste in my mouth. Anyone have any idea what’s going on? The symptoms aren’t horrible, they’re just very annoying. I also get this weird burning sensation in my stomach and intestines. I’m kind of scared and worried that I might have triggered stomach cancer or something. Help! 

Go to www.medhelp.org and ask your question.

That could very well be the problem.

why did you do that? go to the doctors asap 

• Andy C

It likely was the huge bolus of trans fats in the popcorn,  adhered to the walls of the bag. 

Trans fats are like fructose and alcohol and cause liver dysfunction with consuming large amounts. 

You have a hangover...from not-butter.