Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Does having strep throat a couple months ago make me less likely to catch covid?

I’m 20 years old. Had strep throat a couple months ago. I never had a sickness twice in one year, so am I less likely to catch covid in the next year because I recently fought off another sickness? I need to kiss my boyfriend right now. 

Update:

It wasn’t covid, because the doctor just looked in my throat and said it was strep, plus, the antibiotics worked. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Often what is diagnosed as strep throat is actually friction in your throat from performing too much oral sex.  If this is the case with you, then catching Covid is very likely.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can still catch COVID.

COVID is a completely different virus than what you did have.  You have some immunity to not getting strep throat for a while, but you can still catch COVID just like anyone else.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it may have been COVID

• 2 months ago

Nope.  Strep is a whole different bug than SARS CoV2.  You're completely susceptible to those little corona-buggers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

two different pathogens . having one does not lessen the chance of catching the other . 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.