Is this used Honda Elite scooter worth buying?

I'm going tomorrow to check it out but need guidance.  Thank you.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/d/hollywood-s...

Can't see the tires. Is it a two stroke?  $975 sounds  bit high  to me for the mileage and only 80 cc.  I agree w/adam, the plastics look like they went thru an AZ summer. Why didn't seller use 2 bucks  worth of ArmorAll? Might be Lying.

Your  Decision. Take a biker friend to see  her,  arrive a bit Early to see if  seller  adds oil to it before the appt.  If he does, Walk Away. Also walk away if low on  oil. Shows poor  maintenance. Arrive early also to make  sure motor  cold, see how she starts cold.

EDIT: If a Two Stroke, Some smoke is Normal..

I am Almost ready to sell my 150. I'll ask one  grand. Ex. Shape, new  battery, good tires. 

• adam

well the add says always kept covered. Im having a hard time believing that. Paint looks sun faded to me. But how it looks and its mechanical condition arent always the same . You need to go inspect it in person. 

How many different sections are you going to troll links for scooters?

It costs too much for the miles on it. You'd do better buying a cruiser bicycle.

It is worth considering.

However, the photos are not enough, after you have checked the ownership paperwork, you need to see it started from cold, that it produces no smoke. Then you check the service history – if the owner does know where and when to fill the oil. Whether any of the consumables (brake pads, tires etc., etc.) need replacing. 

Take someone with you who knows about scooters or engines, tell them that their job is to tell you to walk away, because the chances are you are going to allow yourself to take it. Set yourself a budget and do not go above it.

btw the plastics are discoloured – so it does not look as though it really was covered all the time.

I like a Honda better than a Genuine Buddy.  But 15,000 mi. is a lot for a scooter than goes 35 mph.  How long would it take to go 15,000 mi. at that speed?

I dunno. It looks pretty rough. Check out how hugely sun-faded it is. It's been left outside A LOT!!!! If you ask me, that little Honda looks about ready for the scrapheap.