What is the lifespan (mileage wise) on the 3.0l V6 Ford engine? Mine has 240,000 on it?

I’m hoping to make it to 300,000 before the engine dies or something major. I’ve been saving money for something big, but I keep hearing transmissions will go before the 3.0l engine will. 

The engine should do 300,000 miles if it has been properly maintained and not abused.  Do you have the one with the remote water pump?  That's usually one of the first major repairs . . . . about $2600 at a dealer - NOT a better idea.

Likewise we don't know which transmission - - but if you want it to last, you should be having the fluid changed (NOT flushed) more often than the recommended interval.

That depends entirely on how gently it has been treated and how well it has been maintained it's whole life. If you've only recently acquired it, the deck is stacked against you, especially if it has an automatic transmission. My 3.0 ford V6 is now 30 years old, but it is was a one-owner vehicle that was garaged and dealer maintained for 28 of those years and driven by elderly people who did a lot of long road trips and almost no city driving. At 228,000 miles I expect that it will easily get to 300k.