Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My boyfriend gets mad when I work?

Ok so my boyfriend and I live in an apartment together and we both go to college together. We have been on a long winter break because of covid and we have spent a lot of time together. I love being with him and he feels the same but things have been different lately. I got a job working at a hospital recently and I love it! I’m going to school for nursing so it’s a great starter job in the medical field. However, my boyfriend doesn’t work and collects unemployment (which is fine, I don’t care that he doesn’t work). So he sits at home alone all day while I wake up and leave for my 7am-3pm shift. He has been frustrated lately with my because I wake up early and go to bed early (around 10-11pm) rather than hanging out with him. He gets mad at me that I don’t stay up late with him anymore so he falls asleep early with me, then proceeds to be mad the next day because he woke up earlier from falling asleep earlier and has to spend more time alone in the day. I don’t know what to do because I have several bills and college to pay for so I HAVE to work and I love what I do. He doesn’t support me and I think he is being selfish and childish. What do I do? Any advice?

Advice? You mean other than finding yourself a more mature, functional boyfriend? Nope.

He does seem rather insecure and immature. The honeymoon is over, but he wan ts it to last forever - who can blame him for that?! However, as you include, bills need paying and life needs living. Can he at least find some voluntary work to do?

I can't really see that there is much you can do from the information provided; he need to do some changing, one might think.

Good Luck!  

Source(s): Coach@jamforlife.co.uk

You got me fired and you think that's ok. The key word is think because only you think that that is just how things are going to be.