Are there fees to appear in court for a traffic violation ?

I'm thinking about fighting my ticket for speeding 65 on a 55. Im certain I was not at 65 since I got a new car and would not pass 3,000 rpms and had no need to speed. So I want to go to court but if there are fees that cost more than 200 id rather just pay the ticket since its about 300

• Bruce

In my state the court costs are already added to the ticket even if you don't appear, so there is no additional cost. With that said, nothing you mentioned will prove you were not speeding. The officer will say you were, and because of his training and experience his testimony will be given more credibility and you will lose. 

There are no fees to appear in court to defend yourself. If you win, that's an end to it, no cost to you. If you lose though, which is probable, you'll doubtless have costs etc. awarded against you as well as the fine.

There are no fees to appear. 

Only if you lose, which you will unless the cop doesn't show up.    300 ticket for 65 in a 55?  

Where I come from the fine is inclusive of the court costs, thus if you opt to fight the ticket in court it doesn't cost you any more than if you just paid the ticket (admitting your guilt).

you need to talk to a lawyer about it

No. You have a right to defend yourself.