Are there fees to appear in court for a traffic violation ?

I'm thinking about fighting my ticket for speeding 65 on a 55. Im certain I was not at 65 since I got a new car and would not pass 3,000 rpms and had no need to speed. So I want to go to court but if there are fees that cost more than 200 id rather just pay the ticket since its about 300

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In my state the court costs are already added to the ticket even if you don't appear, so there is no additional cost. With that said, nothing you mentioned will prove you were not speeding. The officer will say you were, and because of his training and experience his testimony will be given more credibility and you will lose. 

• 2 months ago

There are no fees to appear in court to defend yourself. If you win, that's an end to it, no cost to you. If you lose though, which is probable, you'll doubtless have costs etc. awarded against you as well as the fine.

• 2 months ago

There are no fees to appear. 

• 2 months ago

Only if you lose, which you will unless the cop doesn't show up.    300 ticket for 65 in a 55?  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Where I come from the fine is inclusive of the court costs, thus if you opt to fight the ticket in court it doesn't cost you any more than if you just paid the ticket (admitting your guilt).

• 2 months ago

you need to talk to a lawyer about it

• 2 months ago

No. You have a right to defend yourself. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.