Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Scared of mri results. I need help to calm down ?

I’ve made a similar post yesterday so sorry if it seems like I’m spamming. 

Anyways, I’ve been anxious all day. I can’t calm down - 

I have an MRI today due to the reason I’ve been smelling things along with headaches (pain-3 out of 10) for about over a year. Doctors didn’t do an MRI sooner because my age (19), my habits, and I had an MRI in late 2017.

Recently, I’ve been feeling kinda dizzy, sharp pains in the back of my head, and a slight nausea. (This past week) 

ENT was the one who ordered the MRI. I do suffer with anxiety and depression. I get panic attacks and I’ve been getting on-off episodes thinking I have a brain tumor. I need help :( I’m worried 

• Damien
    Favorite Answer

So what? ive had headaches for yrs, , dizzyness, depression, etc, though it was a tumour, MRI came clean, through my own learned what u eat can also cause headaches, or eating too much of it, such as eating two bananas in a day, potassium be causing huge migraines.

I would tend to think it's just anxiety based on the symptoms you describe. Yes, there's a 1 in a million chance it's something else but I don't think that's anything to worry about.   

Try practicing some deep breathing which will help you zx

. . . . . . . . . .

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

• Tavy

One of the common symptoms of migraine is an odd taste, mine tasted metalic, , dizziness and nausea and flashing lights.

Brain tumour is none of these my friend died of it, headache came near the end.

Well it may be a good thing you don't know the results yet and im sure if they found something serious you would be on an ambulance right away and in a hospital right know. 

so do you want us to tell you you dont have a brain tumor? You are going to have to be patient. However, brain tumor symptoms do not come and go and do not get better over time, they usually get worse. Your symptoms are very non specific and dont point dramatically to a brain tumor. But you really need to be patient and do whatever you do to calm yourself, there are tools.