Saasha asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

I can not stop burping. What kind of medical test should I ask for?

About two summers ago I went on a trip to Spain, Portugal, Switzerland and Morocco- during Europe's big heat wave. I got super dehydrated and sick there, during the whole two and half week trip. I felt traumatized afterward and had stomach and diarrhea problems for a long time since. Now I am paranoid about bathrooms and going in public. Lol. The diarrhea did eventually calm down, and I realize stress and lack of sleep didn't help those problems. I did have stool tests done to check for parasites, blood tests, and about two months ago a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The doctor says I have gastritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach lining. Claims its mild. So far nothing else really found. I also do tend to be anxious, even when I don't "think" I am. My body and gut react for sure. But about a month or so after those procedures, I have been burping pretty much all-day-long. It's super annoying, and the doctor claims its from the gastritis- but why all of a sudden out of nowhere? And  right after they put some tubes inside of me? These are not little burps, they can be long and acidic. I mean I burp over 20 times a day, its ridiculous. Not a day of burping is missed. But I do not know what other tests to ask for? What could it be.... and what could be done? Any advice or tips will be extremely helpful to me as I am going into this blindly. 

• Marc

Upper GI series

Gastritis causes burping, over production of stomach acid, you need to take a PPI such as Nexium.