Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

What causes so many women to not want anything to do with having children in their early 20s, but by 30 they are dying to have children ?

Most 20 year old women want absolutely nothing to do with children but in a messy 7-8 years later, most of them complete flip their view and are dying to have children and if they are still single, they often will go out with any man that is even somewhat decent, and their high standards that they have at 21 turn into very low standards and they’ll date any man with a pulse who has a decent job and wants kids. Most 21 year old women have such high standards that they wouldn’t even date many Hollywood celebrities, but by 30, they’ll date even the most average of regular Joe’s. They start pressuring men for marriage and children and get impatient and will instantly dump a man if he doesn’t want kids within 3 years 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

For me it’s the responsibility. I don’t want all that crap to deal with yet because I’m not emotionally mature enough to handle it

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For the same reason I was  super into breastmilk and pooping myself aged one but had pretty much gotten over that by the time I was eleven.

People change as they go through life.  This isn't rocket science. 

Wild guess... you're a fairly average guy in his thirties who wants to date women in their early twenties?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Overpopulation + Global warming + Destruction shows all problems

Save Earth 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Scientifically speaking, the "biological clock" does not exist. It's simply societal pressure. Once you ignore that, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. Remember: misery loves company. This is why societal pressure exists in the first place. Anytime someone brags how awesome it is to have children, they're only bragging about what I call the "Hallmark Moments". There's no way in hell anyone would brag about being a divorced, single mother living on 2 full time minimum wage jobs to make ends meet. This is what usually happens to most women who marry and have kids, unfortunately. Life isn't the way it used to be, so you're better off not having kids altogether if you want to avoid this. Honestly, I would rather kill myself than go through any of that. It's hard, and you can only understand how real the fear of this happening to you is if you are a woman, men will never completely relate to it because they can have fun being "Part Time Dads."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

So a guy marries a woman with the understanding that creating/raising rug rats will not not be an option... 7 years later, she is going to have kids whether he likes it or not...and expect him to fully support this,

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Same reason men tend to go trough the same life phases. Raising children is a massive responsibility and increasingly people just aren't ready for that in their 20's. But you're only seeing this from the straight male perspective. It's not like the standards at 21 are "high" but rather they're different, and this is true for both genders. Young people want fun partners and can afford to prioritize things like appearance because they know they'll never be depending on these people during the tough times that come with age. When someone, male or female, is looking for a dependable life partner they'll be looking for other traits and values. 

• 1 month ago

Their biological clock starts ticking at 30, and around that age is when anything to do with having children begins to decline, so they may feel pressured or worried they're wasting they're time or life. Some may also just be using that time in between to become financially stable. As for the rest, they simply get all partied out and possibly realize they haven't really done much. Guys aren't always in a big rush either so, I guess in it's own way it kind of works out?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's because most women these days have woken up to the reality that they need to be financially secure before they get pregnant and start families, that's why. And the 20's and 30's are the prime earning years for most people.

• 1 month ago

Gee. Wonder why males in their early 20's aren't eager to get married quickly, reproduce quickly and begin designating their brand new adulthood to supporting multiple people and becoming a cog in the wheel before they've spread their wings, learned about themselves and experienced more of life than reproduction activities and the expense attached. Wonder why they want to wait a decade and then bitterly complain that the gals a decade younger than they are aren't rushing to get on the same page. 

• JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Biological timeclock

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.