Publishing a book on FictionPress?

I need help.  

I really want to upload my novel to FictionPress, but I'm worried it might get stolen.

Will a copyright symbol (as well as my username) help with that?

Favorite Answer

A copyright notice might deter idiots who think that anything they find online is fair game. It won't prevent them from copying your work.

But the probability of someone stealing your book and making enough money from it to be worth suing over is very small. If someone does steal your story and posts it on FictionPress or a similar site like Wattpad, you can point to your posts, which will have an earlier date than theirs, as evidence that you wrote the story.

Worrying about theft is mostly a newbie thing. It's hard enough to get people to read your story at all.

Buy a ISBN number and record your document there but FictionPress should provide that...the other publishing places do, even Kindle......