Joe Biden is set to halt construction of The Keystone XL Pipeline on "Day 1". How is this good for The United States?

Halting construction of the pipeline will immediately do three things. 1) It will kill over 11,000 jobs, many of them union jobs. 2) It will increase America's dependence on foreign oil. 3) It will be another strain on relations with Canada. So again I Ask, how is halting construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline good for America?

Yes, we as a nation are energy independent, right. Right now, we are the largest producer of crude oil in tbe workd. Even so, we still import crude oil from other countries. (At the same time, we export crude oil. Don't ask me why. That part, I don't understand either.)

As for the environment, a pipeline is a safer, cleaner, more cost-effective way to move crude oil, gasolone and natural in large quantities than trucks or trains.

I don't know why you think I should be happy that union jobs will be lost. A lost job is a lost job, union or not. An out of work union employee faces the same hardships as a non-union worker.

• Robert
    Favorite Answer

Great for railroads and truckers who will continue to move the product at added costs and pollution.  So the weather idiots will cheer the success of the environment president without thinking things through...because, much like SloJoe Biden, they're mostly pack idiots.

Pollution and environmental concerns of nature habitats idiot

to Killmouseky.  Thank you for your answer

Even Canada thinks it's a bad idea. What does that tell you?

It’s not but joe will get you a job at at making solar panels like Obama did you know 550 million and shut down a couple months later😏😏 @jack is going to be chairman of that operation 

It isn't. Ask the tens of thousands who will be out of work today. Great first day by Biden. 

Less oil also means higher fuel prices.

It will be good for the USA because we will instead transport oil on railroads owned by Warren Buffet, is what I heard. And the price of oil and fuel will shoot up, like it was under Obama. Is that good? I'm sure it is good for some people, but it will hurt the working class.

how is the pipeline good for the environment and the planet??

It is very good for the USA and The World in general.

• Mark

I thought that Donald Trump made us energy independent?

That just brings oil from Canada down to gulf Refineries to be made into export products. It is to make oil companies money, not to benefit Americans.

Those are union jobs, you should be happy